1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Internal posts

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by minnieminx, Jul 5, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I suppose if the school know who they want, there is no point making it an external advert. Would be a waste of everyone's time. They don't actually need to advertise at all.

I'm a little confused though. If you already work there, and have done for a few years, then how would you be applying for a classteacher post, which is presumably what the student applied for?

2. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

They may not be a class teacher.

3. Is there some reason why you can't just ask the person responsible for appointing the vacancy/head teacher etc?
    I was an unpaid volunteer with a school and it was ok for me to apply for an internal vacancy so there can't be any strict rules against it.

4. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

several of my colleagues did their teacher training at the school - job got advertised - they got appointed. at least one of which was not externally advertised.