1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

internal moderation ink colour?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by icenimoon, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Can anyone advise, please? I can't get a definitive answer from my HoD, who just says "What I do is...". When moderating GCSE scripts (Science practical assessment), should I be marking in red like the original teacher, a different colour, pencil - or is this not prescribed? In case it makes a difference, the board is AQA.
    Thanks.

2. Can anyone advise, please? I can't get a definitive answer from my HoD, who just says "What I do is...". When moderating GCSE scripts (Science practical assessment), should I be marking in red like the original teacher, a different colour, pencil - or is this not prescribed? In case it makes a difference, the board is AQA.
    Thanks.

3. daw58

daw58 New commenter

The general advise for AQA is:
    Original teacher red
    Moderator in school - pencil - I have used purple as well
    External moderator - use green.
    I hope this helps.
    DAW58

4. Sincere apologies for such a late reply - I have only just re-visited the forums and seen your message, which is indeed most helpful; thank-you!