1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting ways to teach Health and Safety

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Heleniscross, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Hiya
    I'm a PGCE trainee and am preparing a revision lesson on Health and Safety for year 11s. Does anyone know of some activities or worksheets that will help to get them engaged and interested?
    thanks!

2. Hiya
    I'm a PGCE trainee and am preparing a revision lesson on Health and Safety for year 11s. Does anyone know of some activities or worksheets that will help to get them engaged and interested?
    thanks!

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I'm always a bit off the wall but how about a CC with Y10 drama/or IT (for editing) to do a video for the new Y7's on H&S? They'd have to go over the hazards etc an make sure they'd covered everything for the newbies and seems less like revision? x

4. I'm planning on getting my year 10s to create either podcasts with quizzes in, or youtube videos that can be shown to lower years.
    My year 11s had to create general revision quizzes as podcasts too - but luckily we have a member of staff who is amazingly good with this kind of thing!
    Could they create a new display area? Or an information booklet aimed at new year 7s?

5. Information booklet sounds good. So does a mini drama of some sort.
    Thanks!