1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting TV prog

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Best Buddy, Jan 24, 2011.

1. You may wish to set your dvd recorder on Thursday night at 8pm (Channel 5) in the light of Holocaust Memorial day. It is called Britain's secret Schindler ... looks really interesting and a useful resource. If your school is anything like mine, we may do a series of lessons either before and continuing after HMD, so it will still be relevant.
    BB

2. You may wish to set your dvd recorder on Thursday night at 8pm (Channel 5) in the light of Holocaust Memorial day. It is called Britain's secret Schindler ... looks really interesting and a useful resource. If your school is anything like mine, we may do a series of lessons either before and continuing after HMD, so it will still be relevant.
    BB

3. This tells the story of the kindertransport and will be a very useful resource for teaching about the Holocaust. There are lots of kindertransport resources online for teaching.

4. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Just uploaded an article and details of programme time to My Resources Gives an overview.

so sad to learn that on the day of the final train leaving for England with 250 children, the borders of Czechoslovakia were closed. They were not able to escape and it's believed that all of those children + the parents and siblings of the approx 700 who did escape from Prague and come to England perished in the death camps.