1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Portrait Project - symbolism, culture, time...

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by bethlmb, Jun 7, 2016.

?

Would you be interested in using this project?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bethlmb

bethlmb New commenter

Hopefully soon teachers can access an interesting portrait project about 'hidden heroes', a series of portraits of people throughout history who have been overlooked (often on the basis of gender and / or heritage). The contemporary portraits will contain significant symbolism expressing elements of the subject's life story. The subjects span different countries from BC to current and the symbolism reflects their culture and time, which fits in well with the changes to the curriculum. It ticks a lot of boxes for me, there is loads in symbolism and I have found it a helpful way to draw in my pupils who aren't passionate about art, also work by a contemporary artist is a plus as well as having diverse subjects / people. Is this something you would be interested in using? The on line project resources should be free to access subject to funding. I guess it could be used for a long project or even as a homework(s). Any thoughts? comments?

Attached Files: