1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting food events or restaurants

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Bodegabuttons, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Hi was wondering whether anyone new of any different experimental/themed food events or restaurants? I went to one organised by Bompas and Parr last year (they do food inspired by the medieval, Victorian periods... The food is quite like 'Hestons Feast' TV programme- themed food. ) but was wondering if anyone else knew of something different?

2. Hi was wondering whether anyone new of any different experimental/themed food events or restaurants? I went to one organised by Bompas and Parr last year (they do food inspired by the medieval, Victorian periods... The food is quite like 'Hestons Feast' TV programme- themed food. ) but was wondering if anyone else knew of something different?

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Al Esra, 10k south of Jerash in Jordan, on the road to Amman. Upstairs is a large room with windows all round giving the most incredible views over Jordan and the Jabbock River. The food is amazing as well.

This evening we went to a great place near Rainbow Street in Amman and had Musakhan, like a flat pizza with olive oil, zata'ar and toasted pine nuts then chicken on top of that.

4. Thanks for the reply. Sounds nice.

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Also discovered a Lebanese pizzatakeaway place, one amazing thing is mashed potato with a hint of garlic and cumin inside a pitta bread, gorgeous. Had Mansef last night, the Jordanian national dish. I found the yoghourt a bit too rich with the lamb and rice, but the lamb was gorgeous, again a takeaway.