1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interactive Whiteboards - which one is the best?

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by ejkeen1, Dec 11, 2019.

1. ejkeen1

ejkeen1 New commenter

Hello TES community!

I am wondering if anyone has any feedback for different brands of Interactive Whiteboard. Particularly:

-Smartboard
    -Ricoh
    -Promethean

Smartboards are the most popular but also very expensive. I am looking for a long term investment!

Many thanks for your help!

Emily

2. cosybear

cosybear New commenter

Short answer, none of them.
    If you have an android tablet you can "cast" your screen (and interactions) to the projector using something like a Chromecast unit which are about £20 .
    Similar technologies exist forApple devices

3. janavis467

janavis467 New commenter

I had a Smartboard years ago and loved it.
    Now I have a Promethean. In funtionality it's fine but it's not as tactile as the Smartboard was.

Like cosybear I use an android tablet now and cast. If you have a laptop and projector you can cast to the laptop and hence view on the projector.

4. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

What do you want to use an interactive board for? How will they students use it? Are you actually using the board interactively or is it just a very expensive frame for a projected image?

5. colacao17

colacao17 Occasional commenter

Oh ye of little imagination.

There a benefits of an interactive display don't mean simply that students can interact directly with it. The scope it goves afor mixing images, videos and text all with the possibility of direct annotation makes it far more than just 'an expensive frame for a projected image'.