1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interactive screen/flat panel recommendations

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by WildKyogre, Feb 27, 2019.

1. WildKyogre

WildKyogre New commenter

My projector bulb is on its way out.
    SLT want to start phasing in interactive screens, mostly because the bulbs are expensive and its getting harder to find replacement parts for our interactive whiteboards. Unlikely if this bulb replacement will trigger it, but as someone who is 'technically minded' I have been asked to do some research.

Primarily looking for the following:

1) SMARTboard software cross-compatibility to ensure smart notebook files run in all classrooms (school is aware this may require purchase of SMART software upgrade, currently still on notebook 11)

2) Largest screen size possible for money, with decent resolution

3) Bright displays (some classrooms have sun directly on them at certain times of day)

and my own opinion:
    4) Potential future option/optimization for mirror screening from ipad (that maintains touchscreen capability, if this possible)
    5) Optimized for possible future use of google ed. suite (if this is a thing)

Does anyone have any recommendations to make or brands to avoid?
    I use my visualiser quite a lot to show children's work or model things but it is the old style VGA hook up, what do people with interactive flat panels use?

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

WildKyogre likes this.
  3. WildKyogre

WildKyogre New commenter

This looks really helpful, thanks!
    ...I guess its time to go home if its blocked by the LGFL filter :D