1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interactive Literacy Display

Discussion in 'Primary' started by HyperBunny, Mar 18, 2012.

1. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Hi,
    I am looking for some ideas for an interactive literacy display for year 5.
    We already have a countdown maths display, questions of the week, what we have been learning etc on the walls. I get the children to contribute/comment on all classroom displays, either using post its or helping to create. They really enjoy having a voice and it means its not just wall art but something they can use. Does mean you have to change it regulary, which can be hard when you have other more important things to do, but they get alot out of it.
    The class need to work on sentence structure and we've been looking at embedded clauses.. but they could use more work on description...
    Any ideas would be welcome! Thank you in advance xx

2. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Hi,
    I am looking for some ideas for an interactive literacy display for year 5.
    We already have a countdown maths display, questions of the week, what we have been learning etc on the walls. I get the children to contribute/comment on all classroom displays, either using post its or helping to create. They really enjoy having a voice and it means its not just wall art but something they can use. Does mean you have to change it regulary, which can be hard when you have other more important things to do, but they get alot out of it.
    The class need to work on sentence structure and we've been looking at embedded clauses.. but they could use more work on description...
    Any ideas would be welcome! Thank you in advance xx

3. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

You could try this web site http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/english/english.htm