1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interactive Key Stage 2 websites-free

Discussion in 'Primary' started by zippy88, Aug 4, 2019.

1. zippy88

zippy88 New commenter

Hi there

Recently returning to teaching -in a small way- and working in a community centre, can you recommend any websites the children can use for interactive games that are current, any subject, and free. Preparing a booklet for the pupils to work independently. Thank you

2. celago22

celago22 Occasional commenter

Maths frame!

3. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Isn't there are lot of evidence that children are spending too much time in front of computer screens? There was a time when children would do a quaint, strange and old-fashioned thing called READING, but now everything has to be screen-based, interactive, computer-generated etc., etc. Am I mistaken or is there in fact a lot of research that suggests that giving children more and more computer games is actually harming their intellectual and moral development? Or is it just a silly rumour that Steve Jobs would never let his children near a computer screen?

hhhh likes this.
  4. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Until last week, I'd have agreed with you, now I'd scream at the kids to get on that X-box and win me a million like that Jayden kid did! No, seriously, you're right!

5. zippy88

zippy88 New commenter

I agree about screen time, I most certainly am not using them to babysit children as it were, my homework club is once a week for ninety minutes, I am setting up loads even for that, I've made comprehensive files with answers of worksheets differentiated in case of absence, target setting, extra work to send home if parents want, comprehensive but not easy awards system, a list of websites is there for end of term or if I am absent my teaching assistant to have tools to support. Tomorrow I'm going to community centre to collect a big donation of books for the library I am preparing for when I go back , so they're all part of the bigger picture of activities .

6. robwilktes

robwilktes New commenter

7. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

I have a collection of educational games websites here.
    https://g4p.my-free.website
    All free!
    In the future, it might be retitled as games4primary.my-free.website, by the way.