1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Interactive display ideas for Dinosaur topic

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kate_lilly, Jan 2, 2012.

1. This term we are using Dinosaurs as our topic for Year 1/2 and I wanted to put up an interactive display for the children to use in the classroom but I am a little stuck for ideas... can anyone help?

2. This may or may not be helpful and I apologise if this sounds facetious, but as soon as I read your post, "pin the tail on the dinosaur" came to mind! Good luck this term!

3. Not for interactive display but would you like a Dinosaur Board Game? You could use it for practising spellings, number bonds, tables etc
    margaret2612@btinternet.com

4. Make the dinosaur with eyes that light up when they complete an electrical circuit.
    squeeze air through tubing and syringe to make mouth open, (I know that's more Y3, but no harm in them having an opportunity to use the method to make things move.)
    Make the dinosaur have flaps like 'scales' as on fish on its body, then they lift these flaps to reveal pictures/ facts about dinosaurs.

5. I really like the lift the flaps idea, could get the children to research and write their own facts as well! Thank you!