1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Integrity Initiative

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sparkleghirl, Jan 27, 2019.

1. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Integrity in an Alice in Wonderland kind of way

New Documents Reveal a Covert British Military-Intelligence Smear Machine Meddling In American Politics

The Integrity Initiative has mobilized an international disinformation campaign across Europe. Now, with government and right-wing foundation money, this massive “political smear unit” is infiltrating the US.

(The) leaked documents revealed a secret network of spies, prominent journalists and think-tanks colluding under the umbrella of a group called “Integrity Initiative” to shape domestic opinion—and to smear political opponents of the right-wing Tory government, including the leader of the opposition Labour Party, Jeremy Corbyn.

https://grayzoneproject.com/2019/01...-smear-machine-meddling-in-american-politics/

monicabilongame likes this.
  2. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Nice to see the Left has its own version of InfoWars.

3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Typical. The British have a covert propaganda machine and get caught by hackers.

sparkleghirl likes this.
  4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I've not come across that conspiracy theorist web site before now.

Delighted to read that I can become a Moderate Rebel for $10 or more per month, an Information Warrior for $25 or more per month or [gasp!!] a Key Strategic Ally for $50 or more per month!

Do I have to provide my own aluminium foil hat or does it come with the subscription?

bevdex likes this.
  5. sparkleghirl

6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

And have you seen what is on it??

"All content has been temporarily removed from this site, pending an investigation into the theft of data from the Institute for Statecraft and its programme, the Integrity Initiative.

Initial findings indicate that the theft was part of a campaign to undermine the work of the Integrity Initiative in researching, publicising and countering the threat to European democracies from disinformation and other forms of hybrid warfare.

The website will be relaunched shortly. In the meantime, we expect to be able to publish an analysis of the hack and its significance in the near future.

We are keen to trace both the source of the hack and the use to which our data - some genuine, some falsified - has been put. If you have any information that you think may be of relevance, please contact us here."

7. sparkleghirl

8. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Hence my lack of confidence in the news that "leaked documents revealed a secret network of spies,"

nizebaby likes this.
  9. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Bonkers

nomad likes this.