1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

integrated day/topic approach in year 1

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by linre, Mar 22, 2007.

1. linre

linre New commenter

Does anyone out there in a year one class plan using topics and run an integrated day rather than a set lit session/ numeracy session etc? We are looking at this for our year ones and would like to find out how other schools are doing this. We would also like to take them outside more. Any ideas?

2. linre

linre New commenter

Does anyone out there in a year one class plan using topics and run an integrated day rather than a set lit session/ numeracy session etc? We are looking at this for our year ones and would like to find out how other schools are doing this. We would also like to take them outside more. Any ideas?

3. Hi
    I know this is 4 years old but I was wondering if you managed it and how it worked? Have you got any planning i could take a look at?? We are looking to do this for our Year 1's and just looking for a good starting point really!!!

Thanks Michelle xx

4. Hi Michelle did you find anything out? I've just finishedmy first half term on GTP but head has dropped the bombshell that our Y1 is going to be turned into intergrated day and the classroom has been changed intoan EYFS setting. Just getting my head round planning as it is - do you know how much different it will be because I am SOOO confused and feel like I'm starting from scratch.