1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Institute of Education/Brunel/South Bank

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by zaetsi, Mar 16, 2012.

1. zaetsi

zaetsi New commenter

Hello - I'm thinking of applying to do a PGCE in Sept 2013. I've done some work experience in nursery, infant and junior schools and believe EYFS and KS1 are for me. I can't decide whether to study at the Institute of Education, South Bank University or Brunel. Does anyone have experience of studying at these universities and can you tell me what they're like? I've visted each and liked Brunel but it mainly covers KS1 and KS2. I didn't find the member of staff v. helpful on the open day at South Bank but they do cover the early years. Many thanks!

2. StarbabyCat

StarbabyCat New commenter

Apply to them all, mate; the competition is pretty eye-watering in all honesty. It doesn't really matter which uni you attend because most of your time will be on school placements anyway. Consider UEL too. Good luck!

3. StarbabyCat

StarbabyCat New commenter

Regarding employment; my sister is on the general primary PGCE at UEL and she's just been offered a job at her second placement school. Although her course is general primary she was interested in early years and her current placement is in a reception class. Her NQT position is going to be year 1. And she got accepted into 2 NQT pools so there are jobs out there and its possible to get them!