1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

inspiring teacher or leader

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ozzieskyhat, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Time to get the year off to a good start,
    I'm looking for some inspiration about a teacher or leader who made a massive difference...it could be you ...
    How did it happen? What sort of teacher / leader do you wish to be and why?
    Is it just the NQT's who have the energy left to think this way?
    Would love to hear some positive stories....

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Can not you just watch the teachers around you.i see inspiring work in most classrooms....leadership not so much as they often disappear only to arrive at meetings with new announcements and policies.

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I want the children in my classes to feel able to take increasing responsibility for their own work, and to feel that they are well supported in doing so. I want them to feel that I have their best interests at heart and that I am open to their ideas, innovations and approaches, but that I will also have the necessary confidence to step in and take charge where necessary.
    I want the staff in my team to feel pretty much the same.

4. Leadership doesn't only come from SMT but within teams when we help each other.

5. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I couldn't agree more.
    But I'd add that inspirational SMT and HODs should be able to recognise those who are inspirationals leaders WITHIN a team and seek to help them develop. It isn't only those who apply for promoted positions who can lead an inspire, some prefer to do so from within the ranks and that should be acknowledged and appreciated.