1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inspiring and lively recounts - guided reading!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lucywag, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Hello
    I am looking for a quality text for high ability Year 4 readers for Guided Reading. I would like to use a fiction book but it must link to our literacy work which will be on Recounts. Can anyone suggest anything good? Ideally, it will have all/most of the key features of a Recount but be inspiring and lively for my 4 best readers (all girls.)
    Looking forward to hearing your ideas
    Thank you x

2. Hello
    I am looking for a quality text for high ability Year 4 readers for Guided Reading. I would like to use a fiction book but it must link to our literacy work which will be on Recounts. Can anyone suggest anything good? Ideally, it will have all/most of the key features of a Recount but be inspiring and lively for my 4 best readers (all girls.)
    Looking forward to hearing your ideas
    Thank you x

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

4. Yes, thank you Marlin - I know this book and really like it. I just think it might be a little 'heavy-going' in terms of subject matter for the children. I have a guided reading observation next week and would like to start the children off with something really exciting. Thank you for the idea though, I am going to base some literacy work round it instead.
    Any other thoughts?
    x