1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inspirational Speakers for Y7-13 students

Discussion in 'Independent' started by ickletp, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ickletp

ickletp New commenter

Hello

Do you have, or have you had any inspirational speakers at your school recently? I'm looking to fill some gaps in the School calendar for years 7-13 high achieving independent girls' school.

Recommendations are very welcome. I am based in the Hertfordshire area.

Thank you

2. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

Have a look at Inspiring the Future. https://www.inspiringthefuture.org/ I have found this to be an excellent organisation.

ickletp likes this.
  3. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

@ickletp

Bonita Norris - climbed Everest when she was 22 (youngest woman to do so until a 19 year old completed the climb a few years ago). I think she’s based in Berkshire.

Jane Simister - former teacher who now writes and speaks on topics such as Thinking Skills and Character Education. I believe she’s based in London.

Suzi Digby - founder of the Voices Foundation - I’ve heard her speak to education professionals (rather than pupils) about the value of Music/the Arts.

Someone from the charity ‘Mary’s Meals’ - I think the story of how this charity, by offering a free midday meal to children who attend school in some very poor countries, is inspiring. It’s enabling girls to gain an education and break the cycle of early marriage, very young motherhood and poverty.

ickletp likes this.
  4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

This fellow from Willow Management is very good:

ickletp likes this.
  5. theluckycat

theluckycat Occasional commenter

Ian B Dunne (do a Google search), extremely charismatic science teacher and presenter, sold out shows at University of Southampton Science and Engineering Festival every year. Incredible subject knowledge too.

ickletp likes this.
  6. theluckycat

theluckycat Occasional commenter

Also James Campbell (Google him), author and comedian. Wildly funny at Hay Festival recently, talks about life/animals/being a child.

ickletp likes this.
  7. ickletp

ickletp New commenter

Thank you - much appreciated

8. RjMaan

RjMaan New commenter

Yes, we have a motivational speaker in our university. He is Rj in FM and has good ability to speak. It is good to have such versatile personality in institute.