1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inspirational films

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by helix84, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Has anyone mentioned that you can't show a 15 certificate film to 14 year olds without their parent's permission?

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Good point
    I knew an RE teacher HOD who got into big trouble for showing clips of Robin Prince of Theives - the really great bits related to RE - to year 9's. A parent complained because it is a film with rape in it - and the complaint went to the governors. He was in real danger of losing his job. I don't know how it went. Has anyone else ever suffered from this kind of thing.
    Robin Prince of Theives was PG.
    That reminds me of another good film - Brave Heart

3. The Boy in Striped Pyjamas can be picked up at supermarkets for a fiver or less. Yr 9, after Judaism... Boys, girls, and teacher all in tears at the end... no need for class notes...lesson learned!

Pay it

4. If I was going to show the kids a 15 the head of department would send letters home asking for permission.
    At the moment we are doing the crucifixtion, and I know there is a lot of material out there on that.
    Personally I'd love to show them The Greatest Story Ever Told just for John Wayne's cameo... ;)