1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inspirational CHILDRENS LITERATURE

Discussion in 'Book club' started by JU3fromLeics, Dec 27, 2013.

1. JU3fromLeics

JU3fromLeics Occasional commenter

I enjoy using Roald Dahl books in my teaching as the characters are vividly described.

James and the Giant Peach is a fantastical adventure in which James finds himself in a very unusual situation and meets a strange collection of creatures. The characters in the story are interesting and easy to imagine.

Mr Twit is a well described revolting character who seems to wears more or his dinner than he actually eats! Revolting but entertaining.

2. JU3fromLeics

The House at Pooh Corner by A.A.Milne was first published in 1926 believe it or not!

The well known characters of Pooh, Piglet, Eyore and Tigger end up in all sorts of sticky situations without really meaning to and still captures the imagination of children today!

So where are the Woozles and Heffalumps anyway?

3. Underachiever

Underachiever New commenter

Aquila is a lovely little book.

4. JU3fromLeics

I still like The Borrowers by Mary Norton as it is an intriguing world in miniature. There is a series of Borrowers books. They are very inventive in how they adapt everyday objects to suit their requirements!