1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inspiration needed!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by moonshine79, May 1, 2012.

1. moonshine79

moonshine79 New commenter

Hi, I'm teaching 'Stories set in Imaginary worlds' and i'd love to link it with either drama/music or art. Does anyone have any fab ideas?
    Thanks

2. moonshine79

moonshine79 New commenter

Hi, I'm teaching 'Stories set in Imaginary worlds' and i'd love to link it with either drama/music or art. Does anyone have any fab ideas?
    Thanks

3. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

Which year are you teaching it in?
    Drama: the children could act out the story. Perhaps you could split them into groups, give each group a part of the story and have a competition to see who can act out their part of the story the best (best acting, best costumes, best props, best sound effects etc) then perform it in sequence.
    Music: perhaps you could find some fantasy-themed music, like Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King, or Prokofiev, or Tchaikovsky; the children could think of stories and images to go with the music, like in Fantasia.
    Art: maybe each child could draw and colour a component of a fantasy story and then you could use them to create a giant mural?