1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inspiration needed for a new choir! Help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Kaf80, Jan 22, 2011.

1. For some reason I offered to 'help' with the junior choir and of course it has been left to me! We have no expert of music in the school anymore and the kids are really keen and want to enter the borough competition. I am keen to give it a go but was wondering if anyone could suggest a really good song that would make us 'stand out'. I know some of you might want to keep your ideas as close guarded secrets but I promise I wont tell!

2. For some reason I offered to 'help' with the junior choir and of course it has been left to me! We have no expert of music in the school anymore and the kids are really keen and want to enter the borough competition. I am keen to give it a go but was wondering if anyone could suggest a really good song that would make us 'stand out'. I know some of you might want to keep your ideas as close guarded secrets but I promise I wont tell!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Have a look at the Sing Up site. Lots of great songs there that have performances that you can listen to and backing tracks to help you teach the songs. You'll need to sign up first, but it is free. You can choose unison or part songs depending on the ability of your choir.
    http://www.singup.org/

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide