1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inspectors reporting to pupils

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by doublehelix, Aug 17, 2011.

1. I know a primary school which was inspected in July. The inspection report was rather critical of the school (unfairly so, the staff there would argue).
    The inspectors sent out a letter to each pupil (including year 5) which set out the inspectors' concerns about the management of the school. It was critical of the Head.
    Is this normal procedure? If so, then it leaves me speechless. To criticise the Head Teacher in public, especially in a letter to pupils, can only undermine any attempt to improve the school. It encourages a lack of respect. I feel that the Inspector who did this should be sacked. If it is standard procedure, then Ofsted should be discontinued.

2. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Am intrigued why you say 'including Year 5'. Why wouldn't that class receive the letter if as you say all the pupils received it?