1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inspector Calls - R4 this afternoon

Discussion in 'English' started by gruoch, Apr 21, 2012.

1. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

If you're teaching this, it should be available on iPlayer - might be useful revision.

2. gruoch

If you're teaching this, it should be available on iPlayer - might be useful revision.

3. Thank you!

4. lizgaskell

lizgaskell Occasional commenter

Thanks Grouch [​IMG]
    However, it is on in 15 mins (not available on iplayer) and after having just downlaoded Audacity- so that I can record it- my practise recording is pretty dreadful.
    Anyone help with ideas o0n how to do this? I notice it is on again on May 29th though.

Liz

5. CandysDog

CandysDog Occasional commenter

6. CandysDog

Although the Amazon description says 'abridged', it's not* (though there are obviously a few directoral changes, as you get with any adaptation).
    * Or, at least, the identical-looking version I bought last year isn't

7. gruoch

It will be after the broadcast. Listening to it now - it's very good.

8. sweetie1

sweetie1 New commenter

You can get this on audibe.com. I think they may be doing a free trial at the moment - you just have to make sure you cancel before you start getting charged each month.
    I've used it in the past - there are only a couple of sections where they miss a few lines out. Very do-able and it means you can re-read the play with a class quite quickly.

9. Quite enjoying it, though the West Midlands accents make it sound like The Archers and I am not hugely impressed by a rather underpowered Inspector... waiting for Eddy Grundy to make an appearance.

10. CandysDog

Well, it is set in 'an industrial town in the North Midlands', so that sounds about right.
    I get very fed up with adaptations of the play that use Yorkshire accents, simply because Priestley was from Bradford!