1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

INSET - given 2 weeks notice for disaggregation

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by evilone, Apr 28, 2011.

1. we have just been told we can have next friday off but we have to pay back time on tuesdays and thursdays till 6 pm in a couple of weeks time.

1. i dont want next friday off

2., i have childcare issues if i have to stay late - I have no child care!

3. the time has been directed as 'updating the APP and progress files' Thats not INSErvice Training its paper pushing and my files and APP is up to date.

do they have to give us proper notice and consultation?

2. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

Union... Sounds like your SLT is being unreasonable

3. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

This is not about the Royal Wedding. The OP posted yesterday about Friday next week which as timetabled as INSET and is now cancelled in exchange for having to stay on after school on 3 other days.

4. Morninglover

If that's the case, it is different to an extent...but I'm not sure an SLT can insist on teachers rearranging their personal life at this short a notice - either they can still go into school and take the INSET day as they were originally told, or - I would suggest - they need to be given rather more notice for any newly scheduled 'twilight' sessions. This all smells (no, stinks) of poor management...

5. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

Agreed.

6. Morninglover

I don't think they can do this at short notice - or maybe not at all. If you wish to work 190+5 days rather than 190+ 4 plus some evenings, I'm not sure that's legal. But your Union (maybe not the school rep) will know.

Incidentally, some years ago in my (then) school, it was suggested that we should do something similar: the HT said 'yes, providing all staff agree' - when invited to give an opinion, 2 or 3 (out of 50+) said they didn't wasn't twilight sessions, so we all did the INSET day as planned; the HT was convinced that he could change it only by unanimous consent...