1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inset days

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Twinkie1574, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Twinkie1574

Twinkie1574 New commenter

Hi,
    Is it reasonable for a Head Teacher to expect a SFLW to dismantle a large wooden garden gazebo, dismantle and move cupboards to rebuild in another room and move all sorts of furniture around?
    I disagree with this and refused to do it. We are support for learning workers not removal services or manual labourers.

Thanks

2. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Personally I agree with you - totally unreasonable. But maybe check with your Union (or join one ASAP if necessary!).

Quite frankly any cupboards I 'rebuilt' would be a H & S issue as I am useless at DIY. I also have a bad back so can't carry weights. Maybe you suffer similarly?

Piranha likes this.
  3. Twinkie1574

4. Twinkie1574

Yes most of the support staff have back problems. I also would not trust anything I have built! I just find it very annoying that professionals are brought in to build this equipment but we are expected to dismantle. It seems our list of duties are never ending, there has to be a cut off surely?