1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inset/Cpd

Discussion in 'English' started by songsong, Jul 2, 2015.

1. songsong

songsong New commenter

Hi,

Would anybody like to join this Inset/CPD forum to share resources and key ideas gained from training courses in English. For example I'm going on the AQA Eng Lang & LIt course on 9th July and will be happy to share what I learn. I'm mainly thinking about courses that cost hundreds of pounds to save money and time.

Format would be:

Course name, where and when

Usefulness out of 10

3-5 Key points learned

Any resources.

2. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

We are mostly going on English & Media Centre insets next academic year.

Had a bad (read: dire) experience with The Prince's Teaching Institute last term, so won't be trying them again in a hurry.

3. songsong

songsong New commenter

Excellent jarndyce. Love the EMC courses but too far too travel. Fancy swapping info?

4. themidlander

themidlander New commenter

Hello,

I was recently an English and Media teacher and now represent the University of Westminster outreach team. We have new and free opportunities to visit the university and the Regent Street Cinema; the first place to show moving image in the UK. We are developing a CPD programme with Into Film and want to get teachers in the London area involved in using the cinema space to promote the use of film based literacy activities in the classroom. Outward visits can also be facilitated. The link site to the cinema is below:

www.regentstreetcinema.com/community-education

If you would like further contact or details - do let me know.

Jim Carlberg - J.Carlberg@westminster.ac.uk