1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

innoculations for india

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by v12, Apr 3, 2012.

1. v12

v12

Does anyone know about which innoculations will be necessary for teaching in Bangalore?
    A map I found on the web suggested that this area isn't a malaria hotspot
    Do I simply ask my local GP or is it more complicated than this?

2. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

Perfect timing! I've just been reading the chart in our school clinic and it suggests the following for India
    Hep A
    Hep B
    Polio
    Tetanus
    TB
    Typhoid
    There may be more - not sure how old that chart is
    Before I moved to Egypt, I just went to my local GP who made sure all mine were up to date and provided me with a booklet which you keep with your passport to show you are sorted.
    He didn't charge me as it was looked upon as "preventative medicine". I bet that's changed!

3. v12

v12

Wow. Let's hope they're all to be taken on a lump of sugar ... 'cos I love injections, me [​IMG]

4. I was just at my UK clinic this morning getting my "letter of good health" arranged and I asked about updating my inoculations. Looks like Tetanus, Hep A is covered under NHS but Hep B, Cholera and a few others aren't. I just filled in a form and the nurse will ring me back to make the appointment and administer what they think necessary.