1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Information texts year 1 unit 4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by 1Elmer, Jan 15, 2011.

1. I am struggling to plan for the first 2 weeks of this unit where they begin by thinking about and using questions. Our topic is toys and we have a few toy books between the 3 classes but not enough to teach good lessons on finding answers to questions using information books. Any ideas how i could plan for this unit effectively? Or could anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.

2. If you haven't got any books about your topic, then I would suggest one of your (limited) alternatives is to give them any information books you have. Yes in an ideal world the children need books linked to what they are doing(!) but its the skill of information finding they need to have taught and practise and they can do that with any information book.
    Or if there are any suitable websites about toys, then could they find information from these?
    Or make your own big book using ICT?
    HTH