1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

information texts unit - year 1

Discussion in 'English' started by mikeyjones1991, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Hi, i'm currently on a school teaching placement and i am struggling for interesting ideas about how to teach a series of lessons on information texts with my year 1 class. I've planned the first lesson in which I will introduce to the children what an info text is and how these differ to other texts they are familiar with e.g. instructions, storybooks... and have also planned to begin looking at distinct features of info texts such as captions, labels, index, contents, glossary etc but i'm struggling in where to go from here, any help on this would be most appreciated. :)

2. Hi, i'm currently on a school teaching placement and i am struggling for interesting ideas about how to teach a series of lessons on information texts with my year 1 class. I've planned the first lesson in which I will introduce to the children what an info text is and how these differ to other texts they are familiar with e.g. instructions, storybooks... and have also planned to begin looking at distinct features of info texts such as captions, labels, index, contents, glossary etc but i'm struggling in where to go from here, any help on this would be most appreciated. :)