1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Information text- Year 4!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by *Faye-Marie*, Jan 1, 2008.

1. I would be so grateful if you could email me a copy of the planning. I'm finding it confusing to get my head around.
    My email is - jen97@hotmail.co.uk.

Thank you :) x

2. EBD35

EBD35 Occasional commenter

may I join the list as well? mhf_35 (at) hotmail (dot) com

3. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

Hi guys, trouble with laptop at the moment, can't seem to open any of my documents. I'll try to get the planning to you but I'm sure any of the others on here would be happy to email them if I can't.

4. Hi, could I jump on the band wagon and ask for a copy of your planning as well. Trying to plan this at the moment and finding it a nightmare!!

My email is: dmo1071985@hotmail.co.uk
    Thank you

5. First year teahing Y2 and struggling for ideas... I'd appreciate some help too pleaseeee

colanderson@hotmail.com

6. From what I recall (been a year or so since I was full-time) - we picked out a range of information books on a topic relevant to us (it may have been Romans since that's what we were up to in History at the time) - basically raided the library for their entire section! Worked out the key features of the text, did individual lessons on things like contents/glossaries etc and then they worked to produce a page on a given sub-section of the topic (so one table got clothes, one roads etc) using the things we'd learnt.
    A little hazy since I wasn't the member of the year team who planned literacy so not 100% how I'd personally do it but it's a relatively straightforward unit to plan and link into whatever your other topics are - we did it cross curricular with History, but I've seen it done in other schools linked to Science or Geography or whatever.
    I think as we had a little spare time left over - I let them have a free reign session making origami mini books on their topic as well - one of those sessions where you let them have free run with the entire disgusting gel pen section of their pencil case etc - but that wasn't really rigidly planned!

7. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

We based the info text lessons on the Romans, and this year on the Victorians now that I'm in Y6.
    I'll have a rummage and see if I still have the Y4 plans electronically saved. I've since changed schools and I don't think I managed to bring everything that I had saved on my hard drive in my old school.

8. Hi Jellytot24, I am wanting to do this unit with yr4 after Christmas, I am struggling to find any examples or suggestions with this. I know the thread is old, but really would appreciate any ideas/planning. Email - hannah_lassie@hotmail.com

Many thanks

9. Hello,
    I'm just planning this topic too and if you do still have any plans I'd be so grateful. My email is aemarlowe@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you!