1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Information concerning Induction changes Sept 2012, as the government proposes that the 16 month supply teaching rule is to be abolished, like in Wal

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by anon1008, Feb 25, 2012.

1. HI,

Has anyone any further information concerning Induction changes in Sept 2012, as the government proposes that the 16 month supply teaching rule is to be abolished, like in Wales Scotland etc.

This is good for supply teachers who can't find a NQT Induction post, as there aren't many being advertised ( They are like gold dust) However they propose that once an illusive position has been found then you are Committed and HAVE to gain NQT status within 5 yrs, even if you are made redundant, short term work, unemployed for over a week or a year (like me) and if this is not achieved, for any reason, then you will never, ever, ever work as a teacher again because you are classed as unfit, stupid, lazy, worthless... to the education system. There will be no option to apply for an extension either as this is part of the proposal too.

Plenty of info on here Google www.gtce.org.uk/documents/.../dfe_nqt_induction1211.pdf but I can't find much more.
    Thanks

2. HI,

Has anyone any further information concerning Induction changes in Sept 2012, as the government proposes that the 16 month supply teaching rule is to be abolished, like in Wales Scotland etc.

This is good for supply teachers who can't find a NQT Induction post, as there aren't many being advertised ( They are like gold dust) However they propose that once an illusive position has been found then you are Committed and HAVE to gain NQT status within 5 yrs, even if you are made redundant, short term work, unemployed for over a week or a year (like me) and if this is not achieved, for any reason, then you will never, ever, ever work as a teacher again because you are classed as unfit, stupid, lazy, worthless... to the education system. There will be no option to apply for an extension either as this is part of the proposal too.

Plenty of info on here Google www.gtce.org.uk/documents/.../dfe_nqt_induction1211.pdf but I can't find much more.
    Thanks