1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Information about my job...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by eo0236, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I accepted my teaching position in May and have had barely any contact from the school. I have emailed to ask for more info (eg transition, class details) but not often had a response. I don't want to come across as nagging the school but I want to know more as there's only 2 weeks left of term?!

Any advice on what to do next?

Thanks all :)

2. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

There are millions of reasons why the school haven't been in touch - Ofsted, sickness, absence. Plus they may have had to re-adjust who is getting what class next year- I'm assuming this is Primary?

In Secondary its fairly common to go in for a day's induction - was this arranged or discussed? If you are an NQT, its expected.

The only advice I can think of is to ring the school and arrage to go in after the teaching day has finished, rather than emailing.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes CW's suggestion sounds good - ask about going in one afternoon to meet and discuss things so that you are completely ready for the start of the year. Good luck with the new job!

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.