1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Informal Interview

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Caryl13, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Dear All,
    <font size="2">Hope you can
    help.</font>
    <font size="2">I've been asked
    to go for an 'Informal Interview' with the Headmaster in a local school.</font>
    <font size="2">I'm not too sure
    what to expect. Has anyone else been for an 'Informal Interview' before, if so,
    what was asked of you during the day?</font>
    <font size="2">He didn't mention
    that I was to teach a lesson as part of the interview.</font>
    <font size="2">Thanks :)</font>

2. moleylong

moleylong New commenter

Hi, I have had an informal interview. It was basically just a chat with the head about my cv and experiences. A few interview style questions but nothing to taxing... Then a tour of the school. Was much nicer than a real interview. :)

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Might be as good as the previous poster's experience, but don't underestimate it. Dress smartly and act professional, just like any other interview!

4. spiderwomen

spiderwomen New commenter

An informal interview is still an interview. It means thd Head won't have a series of questions which they mark you against. The first question will probably be, 'Tell me about yourself.' This is not an invitation to talk about your social life, but an opportunity for you sell your skills and experience. As another poster quite rightly pointed out- don't underestimate it, dress to impress and use it as a platform to sell your skills and experience. Good luck.

5. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

As others have said really, it's still an interview so dress smart and make sure you impress. The only bit about it that's informal is the fact it's not been formally planned!