1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Informal interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by marina_litvaitis, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Dear Theo!
    I'm finishing my PGCE and looking for a teaching job in KS1/2. Currently, I'm in one of London's pools and have been invited for an informal interview in school. I'm not sure how I can impress during the informal chat with the head and the school tour. What kind of questions can I ask and what kind of questions should I expect to answer. What is you general advice for this type of the interview?
    I had the informal interview before in the school from the same pool but my experience was not good. The head didn't ask the specific questions but just talked about the school and showed me around. I didn't have a chance to speak to the pupils because they were in the lessons. What kind of questions could I ask them?
    I want to use the chance perfectly of getting the job this time. Can you please help me with your advice.

2. Dear Theo!
    I'm finishing my PGCE and looking for a teaching job in KS1/2. Currently, I'm in one of London's pools and have been invited for an informal interview in school. I'm not sure how I can impress during the informal chat with the head and the school tour. What kind of questions can I ask and what kind of questions should I expect to answer. What is you general advice for this type of the interview?
    I had the informal interview before in the school from the same pool but my experience was not good. The head didn't ask the specific questions but just talked about the school and showed me around. I didn't have a chance to speak to the pupils because they were in the lessons. What kind of questions could I ask them?
    I want to use the chance perfectly of getting the job this time. Can you please help me with your advice.