1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Informal interview/formal interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by skellig1182, Feb 24, 2016.

1. skellig1182

skellig1182 Senior commenter

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice,

I've had a few interviews this week and some next week.

There is one school I found through an agency (although it's still going to be a perm/school contract) which I visited before half term and spent an hour or so there being shown around, sitting with the children in class, showing my folders and talking with the head.

I then had a full trial day and although shared a small session with the class, the head didn't observe and just had some general feeback from the staff. All the feedback was great.

The school advertised the role on the school website the day I went to visit before half term. The agency have said that because the school have advertised, they need to do a slightly more formal observation and interview next week. The school have said they are not seeing anyone else and really happy with me.

I don't mind this but it will be the third time I'm going in and it did cost money to prepare all my resources for the last lesson. I'm also turning down other roles because of how much I want this one. It's a lot more money too.

It's not a temp to perm role so perhaps this is the way it normally is?

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I've responded to your query on another forum on which you've posted this same thread.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hmn.

I am a little sceptical about this. They actually don't need to advertise at all, and having advertised can just appoint anyone, including someone who hasn't even applied, yet alone been interviewed.

We wish you all the best with this interview.

Don't assume that it's in the bag - they may still decide that you are not exactly what they want, so give it your very best shot! Have you found the Interview advice article links? Tag me @TheoGriff if not.

Best wishes - and good luck!