1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

INFO3 case study

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by JaySherman, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hello.
    has anyone drawn up the DFDs, IFDs, ERDs etc.. for the MOTS system INFO3 case study? i'm about to have a go and am happy to share whatever mess I come up with, but I'd love to see what anyone else has drawn up.
    also, i have a load of predicted case study questions if anyone wants - it'd be nice to get some back though too.
    message me through this if interested, thanks

2. Hello.
    has anyone drawn up the DFDs, IFDs, ERDs etc.. for the MOTS system INFO3 case study? i'm about to have a go and am happy to share whatever mess I come up with, but I'd love to see what anyone else has drawn up.
    also, i have a load of predicted case study questions if anyone wants - it'd be nice to get some back though too.
    message me through this if interested, thanks

3. I've done a DFD and ERD - but not got an electronic copy unfortunately.
    I've done an analysis of the pre release and given some suggested questions/answers - these are on the resource bank.

4. Thanks for pointing out your resources on the TES marthamonkey, I've just a quick look they look really helpful. In comparison our predicted questions look a bit basic and rushed.. I've just uploaded them to TES but it needs 60 minutes to process apparently. didn't even consider putting them on there before...
    I'll have a go at the diagrams now then and upload if i think they make sense. if it's too much bother to electronic-ify your diagrams i uderstand, but if you don't mind electronic-ify-ing them that would also be appreciated

5. here's my DFD so far, do you think there's anything important missing?

6. forgot the link - it's been a long day
    http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1579/63675297.jpg

7. That looks good to me - I only did a context diagram with the MOTS system as the central point and the customer, taxi firm, bank and credit card company (wasn't sure about including that) as the external entities.
    I thought it may be a bit difficult under exam pressure to produce a full DFD. I suppose they may do a partially completed one and get them to complete bits of it.
    The one I think they will get asked is the ERD - I'd be interested to see your version then I could say if it is the same as mine.
    I've made a few corrections to that INFO3 resources and completed the answer I hadn't done, so you may want to download it again.