1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Info on school in Spain anyone?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by strawberrywine70, Dec 14, 2019.

1. strawberrywine70

strawberrywine70 New commenter

Hi everyone, I’m interested in a school in Sitges that is currently advertising. Please can anyone share any info on it? Thanks for your time

2. dippit

dippit New commenter

Hi,

There are a couple out there - not sure which one.
    Make sure you're being paid for 12 months and it's not a 9 1/2 month contract.
    Cost of living is VERY high there - you'll be looking at a minimum of 700 p/m for rent (not a house, just a flat) not to mention just living, so make sure they pay above the convenio (union agreed minimum pay - about 1,500 p/m after tax).

Good luck!

3. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

My sister lived there, and very nice area. Its very expensive and you will be earning barely enough to survive.

4. makhnovite

makhnovite Established commenter

Very low key for you dumbers! What's up?

tb9605 likes this.
  5. dumbbells66

dumbbells66 Lead commenter

They dont like it when they are told the truth;)

6. Jeremyinspain

Jeremyinspain Occasional commenter

Can't comment on the school, obviously, but I've visited Sitges and (although beautiful) it's a very 'touristy' part of Spain. Factor that in to your expected life-style. Also, the location could have a big impact on the type of school and (most importantly) - the intake. Find out what sort of children attend the school. The school I write about is 98% Spanish children being taught in an 'immersion' style. Very different to a school with a majority of children being Brits, or Germans or a mix. I don't say this would be better or worse, just a very different experience, I'd imagine. Good luck. I've been in Spain over 13 years now having come on a 2-year contract... ´nuff said.

7. strawberrywine70

strawberrywine70 New commenter

Thanks everyone for your input

8. JINTY67

JINTY67 New commenter

Hi I am.currently teaching in Catalonia you can private message me ..I teach down the coast from Sitges .