1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"influencers"

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nizebaby, May 17, 2019.

1. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

The name says it all.

There is a callow ***** who is using this site to "harvest" information about its users in order to gain credence with "brands".

Please don't feed this troll. He needs saving from his bizarre idea of reality.

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

'Just say 'no'', as they say! ;)

3. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

The deleted word was pretty inoffensive. I'll put "callow youth" in its place.

Jamvic likes this.
  4. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

I don't think so.

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

If that is indeed the case,should he not be banned by TES?

mothorchid likes this.
  6. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

You wouldn't!

afterdark likes this.
  7. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I don't know why anyone aspiring to be a so-called influencer would want to harvest a forum seemingly populated by retired conservative types. "Influencers" and career Instagramers aren't really interested in the middle-aged, as far as I can see.

smoothnewt, LondonCanary and cissy3 like this.
  8. Ivartheboneless

"Retired conservative types"!! :eek: And who are you calling "middle aged"? I'm a genuine "old fart"!

9. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Well, that's how I see this place. If I was conservative, no doubt I'd be saying TES was full of left wingers...

10. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Ha my thoughts exactly, bunch of far left supporters on the whole I'd say, bar me a few others and perhaps some lovely lurkers.

11. CheeseMongler

CheeseMongler Lead commenter

Surely if information is being harvested about us, we are the influencers and those using the information are the influenced. Do people no longer understand cause and effect?
    Those harvesting are just trolls.

12. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

:eek:
    Lollity. The last time I went there I had my post reported and pulled. Except the expression I used was "cats bum mouths".

13. towncryer

towncryer Senior commenter

Well he is certainly gaining a lot of information from quite a few of you who seem willing to get in there and tell your life story to a complete stranger.
    Whatever he is up to there is certainly something odd about it because once the first post has been made there is no other interaction.
    So unless he is going to prove me wrong and actually join in the conversation he has started I will avoid like the plague,
    This individual seems to have a lot of time on his hands...so can trawl the internet with the info you have given to find out more about you.

If I am wrong then the poster is free to post on here and put me right.

I'm waiting.

14. nizebaby

nizebaby Lead commenter

He hasn'tbroken the t&cs but he does have an "agenda" that is not just idle curiosity, thpugh I doubt it will cause any harm. If you google douglas reece, there's an interview in the box on te left-hand side of the screen that would be illuminating if it were spoken in normal english!

nomad and towncryer like this.
  15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Caused by lemon sucking in my experience.

16. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Or alum (at least in the cartoons).

[​IMG]

EmanuelShadrack and racroesus like this.
  17. needabreak

I agree but wouldn't believe much I read here.

Jamvic likes this.
  18. Ivartheboneless

What! You mean some posters tell porkies, and are not at all what they purport to be?! :eek: Well I'll go to t'foot of our stairs!

towncryer and border_walker like this.
  19. needabreak

No idea if people are who they say they are but I'd be pretty damned surprised if their parents/grandparents are who they say they are ... I'm not needabreak I'm a free man!

20. Jamvic

Jamvic Senior commenter

I agree, it’s simple enough to utilise the ignore function if required and then the unwanted threads just don’t appear. It’s like people who complain about certain TV programmes, just press the off button fgs!

border_walker, cissy3 and needabreak like this.