1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

inflamed mole

Discussion in 'Personal' started by slippeddisc, Jul 3, 2011.

1. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I have just found a dodgy looking mole on my leg. I cant get to the docs till weds. Do you think its worthy of going to a walk in clinic today? I know walk ins are for emergencies and I'd feel bad because this isn't an emergency but i am worried its cancerous. there is no chance I can go Monday or tues.

2. moose2

moose2 New commenter

£ days won't make much difference if it was serious, but for peace of mind and a medical view ( rather than a Science teacher), I'd be off down there asap.

3. Yes

Not because I think that it is an emergency but because it will give you some peace of mind

4. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

I'm really sorry about your mole..... but it needs to come off, you probably know that. Emergency clinics aren't set up for this sort of thing. Probably all they'll tell you to do is see your GP. I'd be prioritising this over your other commitments today and tomorrow, I'm afraid.

5. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I ended up going. I told the receptionist what the problem was and whether I should wait until I could see my GP. She said for peace of mind to go in. I was seen within 10 minutes. Absolutely lovely people and a fantastic service. Go NHS!
    The doctor said it was definitely an aggravated mole but said it had only 2 out of the 5 criteria for being cancerous so he thought it was unlikely. He measured it and stuff and has told me to see GP in a month to re-measure and check it again.
    What a relief. Thanks everyone.

6. Good news [​IMG]