1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Industrial Action Turnout

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Freddie92, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Freddie92

Freddie92 Occasional commenter

I don't know about you but there was a hugely impressive turnout in Glasgow today. Very proud to play my small part but even better was the support from passers-by and shoppers. At one point I had a lump in my throat as we headed down to Trongate and as the traffic stopped, people all over the place started clapping. It was a genuine moment of solidarity.

2. ryeland

ryeland New commenter

took absolute dog's abuse about how 'greedy' we are, what 'gold-plated pensions ' we have etc etc etc.

So that's where Clarkson drinks...

3. Nothing wrong with new pension reforms. Having done the sums I can retire at 55 with a lump sum of >60k and an annual pension just under 10k. Get a part time job at B&Q for a few years. How much money do you greedy people need? Are you bankers in disguise?

4. Nothing wrong unless you're uncomfortable doing sums based on figures that will be at the mercy of future governments...
    I'm glad you will be fine in your retirement... I want that for all teachers.

5. sbf

sbf New commenter

I would like to see your calculations, i doubt they are correct.

6. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

I'd like to thin that this post was an exercise in irony.

Back to the thread: a fantastic turn out in Embra. The march filled the whole of the Royal Mile from top to bottom. Great support from teachers regardless of their union affiliation. Let's hope we don't have to do it again but if we must then we must.

7. cochrane1964

cochrane1964 New commenter

Superb day in Glasgow and the shoppers showed solidarity!

8. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

Tried to get there but couldn't get parked[​IMG] Spent ages queueing to get into a cat park which said it had 100+ spaces but when I got to the barrier I was told by the attendant that it was full and no tickets were being handed out so and therefore to drive straight to the exit. I was told that if I found a space on the way to the exit that I would be charged for a lost ticket.