1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

induction

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by codyboy, Jan 5, 2011.

1. hi there, i was just wondering if there is a time limit to how long you can supply teach in NORTHERN IRELAND without having your induction completed. i am out of unversity for 5 years, im in my 6th now but i have only had one long term sub (6 months) which i was told iniatially would be a week, than another week than another and that is how it played out until the teacher did come back. apart from that iv only had days or maybe 2 weeks at a time so i never got induction completed. i was told after 5 years you cant sub anymore - i have never formally been told this. can anyone help please
    thanks
    cody

2. hi there, i was just wondering if there is a time limit to how long you can supply teach in NORTHERN IRELAND without having your induction completed. i am out of unversity for 5 years, im in my 6th now but i have only had one long term sub (6 months) which i was told iniatially would be a week, than another week than another and that is how it played out until the teacher did come back. apart from that iv only had days or maybe 2 weeks at a time so i never got induction completed. i was told after 5 years you cant sub anymore - i have never formally been told this. can anyone help please
    thanks
    cody

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I've found this link for details about being a registered substitute teacher for the Dept of Education in N. Ireland.
    http://www.nistr.org.uk/page.asp
    I suggest you use the contact details there to get the correct supply time limits from the people who administer the system.