1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

induction day starter activity for year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by roc76, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Hi, I am a little stuck on what activities to give my new yr 1 class on their induction morning and afternoon, which takes place in a couple of weeks to introduce them to their new classroom, teacher, etc. I am a NQT that has been on supply for last year. I would also be glad of any ideas on what to do on their first day back in September??
    Thanks

2. Hi, I am a little stuck on what activities to give my new yr 1 class on their induction morning and afternoon, which takes place in a couple of weeks to introduce them to their new classroom, teacher, etc. I am a NQT that has been on supply for last year. I would also be glad of any ideas on what to do on their first day back in September??
    Thanks

3. golf girl

golf girl New commenter

Hi,
    I am an NQT also teaching in Year 1. How about circle activities so you can get to know them and they can get to know you, painting a picture of themselves so it will make an instant welcoming display for September, get each child to make a birthday card so through the year when its someones birthday you can give them out.Hope these help.