1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Induction and not completing a full term

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by anon2047, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hi,

How does induction work if you leave a little bit early in a term? Do you lose it all? I may have the opportunity to leave a few weeks earlier so I would miss the whole term, would I lose a whole terms induction?
    Thanks
    Jaime

2. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

I think you do have to be in a school for at least 1 term for it to count as induction....you can't "bank" half a term or anything so I'm afraid yes I think you'll lose the whole term. I know you're having a tough time but can you stick it out for an extra couple of weeks, for the sake of getting a whole term under your belt?

3. Hi,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I still don't really know how it works so yes I will stick it out!

Thanks
    Jaime

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yes you lose the whole term. However if you are going to a school where you can complete induction and they are happy for you to complete two terms, rather than one, with them then you might prefer to do so. You lose nothing in terms of pay.

5. Thank you x

6. loranp

loranp New commenter

Personally, I'd stick it out and get your first assessment done, it seems silly to miss out on a completed term of induction for the sake of a few weeks. I know from reading your posts that you've had a bad experience at your current school so this way, at least you've got something out of it