1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Indonesia visa problems?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Neoski, Feb 6, 2008.

  1. Hi,does anyone know if there is a problem for a male spouse to get dependent status on my visa in Indonesia? I have heard that the 'female breadwinner' is not recognised there...any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Just bumping this up in case anyone new misses it
  3. As far as i know your male spouse would need to get a social visa which allows them to stay in indonesia for 6 months but they have to have it stamped at a government office every one or two months and if you leave the country during this time they have to apply for a new one.
  4. Thanks Charlie...have you lived there?
  5. jumbs71

    jumbs71 New commenter

    Hi Neo,

    I lived in Indonesia for two years with my non working husband. He had to leave every 60 days, so spent alot of time flying to and from Singapore- you can do it cheaper by taking a boat but it is a real hassle.

    After the first few times the authorities starting getting a bit funny and we had to bribe our way back in at customs. It was all worth it though we loved living and working in Jakarta- would do it again!

    that was in 200-2002 so not sure if things have changed- the school might be able to sponser your partner in?

  6. I have got visa for Indonesia. i would be visiting in may 2011. I have
    to get my passport renewed because I have to apply for student visa for
    Australia. I want to know if get my passport renewed, can I still enter
    Indonesia or I would face in problems? should I rather also get visa on
    my new passport. Please do reply.

  7. I think you're in the wrong forum. This is for teachers, not questions about passports. Try your embassy.
  8. This is a perfectly reasonable place to ask this question. I'm not even going to Indonesia and I was interested [​IMG]
  9. happygreenfrog

    happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

    To be honest i think the new recent poster is fine. I've been in Indonesia for over a year and renewed my British passport last summer whilst back in the UK, yet carried on carrying my old one as it had my muliple entry visa related to my work in it. I've now had it renewed in my new passport but met no problems and applied for and received a Chinese Visa for a trip there without any problem during my joint-passport carrying period.
    As above though, check with your embassy if possible, though in my experience unless you drop in and go one-to-one, they simply won't answer queries by email (as an aside, cheers Jakarta Embassy, most unhelpful when needed!)

Share This Page