1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Individual work boards

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Leapyearbaby64, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

When our EYFS unit was set up some years ago, it was clearly the latest thing for every child to have his or her own work board where they were encouraged to put work they were proud of. Our entire walls are plastered with them to the extent that 50% of the children can't reach them themselves. The idea was that children would share them with parents, but this does not happen. My classroom is due to be decorated next summer and I'm thinking maybe I'll get rid of the individual boards and just ask for a big board in the cloakroom area where the children can put work they are proud of for all to see. Does anyone else have these individual boards? Did you ever have them? I'm thinking maybe they were the whim of an EYAT who now seems very keen for all to have "beaches" instead of sandpits.

2. Leapyearbaby64

Oh dear. I am cynical this morning. Sorry.

3. I have tried them for two successive years now. The first year, only a handful of children ever asked to put up what they had been doing ~ they all had their own space. This year I have just a general board, but I forget, let alone the children, to use it properly! Perhaps they aren't such a good idea?!

4. Leapyearbaby64

I find that children want to take stuff straight home if they are really pleased with it!

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

Rather than stick it into their Learning Journey? [​IMG]

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

Well bully for her.

7. Leapyearbaby64

Hee hee!