1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Independent School Pensions - Employer contributions?

Discussion in 'Independent' started by diddydave, Mar 6, 2020.

1. diddydave

diddydave Established commenter

Does anyone with a pension scheme, other than with the TPS, know how their 'new' schemes calculate their employer contribution?

I.e. Is it a fixed amount or % of the salary, or do any of them base the calculation on the employee contribution?

2. dts

dts Occasional commenter

The Aviva scheme, which seems to be very popular, calculates employer contribution as a percentage of salary - in the illustrations I've seen it's been set at the 16.4% that TPS was using until September, although there's nothing to stop the employer changing that. In principle there's nothing to stop a school "matching" employee contributions up to a certain level, but I haven't heard of any going down that route.

diddydave likes this.
  3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Ours is 16.4% for now...to sweeten the blow.
    However some is taken as admin, but I can't remember how much.

TheoGriff and diddydave like this.
  4. MrsBridgewater

MrsBridgewater New commenter

Ours will put 8.4% into the pension the remaining 8% of the previous 16.4% will be available to be taken as 'a pay rise' (their words not mine) or to be paid in to the pension pot.

diddydave likes this.