1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Independent school interviews - hearing back?

Discussion in 'Independent' started by hadron, Jan 27, 2012.

1. You can always phone them up & ask. Contact the assistant or secretary to the most senior person who interviewed you & ask 'What the next steps are' since you have not heard anything. If they are vague or evasive, ask them what timescales they are working to.
    They should not mind & should give you some information, even if it is unwelcome!

2. I have either been phoned that evening (to offer me the job) - my current lovely indy school - or heard nothing for a few days and got a (beautifully written) rejection letter in the post. Fingers crossed for you.

3. Snorkers

Snorkers New commenter

I know that candidates are interviewed over the course of several days where I teach, with only one or two in on each day. Obviously that causes some delay for those interviewed first.To be fair, though, a weekend is hardly a long time - I appreciate it's frustrating, but if you were interviewed on a Friday and phone to hassle on a Monday then you may not do yourself many favours if the decision is still to be made.