1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Independent school application letter

Discussion in 'Independent' started by ellesabe, May 2, 2012.

1. A friend of mine completed his pgce 6 years ago and has been working in the world of recruitment since then. He is applying for his first teaching post at an independent boys school and was wondering if there are any current issues or hot topics that he should be showing an awareness of in his application.

I teach in a state primary school so am fairly well-equipped to give him some pointers but I am unfamiliar with the goings on in the world of independent schools and wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom that I could pass on to my friend.

Thanks in advance for any help. The guy we're talking about is a really top-notch bloke and a good friend :)

2. A friend of mine completed his pgce 6 years ago and has been working in the world of recruitment since then. He is applying for his first teaching post at an independent boys school and was wondering if there are any current issues or hot topics that he should be showing an awareness of in his application.

I teach in a state primary school so am fairly well-equipped to give him some pointers but I am unfamiliar with the goings on in the world of independent schools and wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom that I could pass on to my friend.

Thanks in advance for any help. The guy we're talking about is a really top-notch bloke and a good friend :)