1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Independence: yes or no?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by airy, May 9, 2011.

1. Dunno.

2. sbf

sbf

Fffffffrrrrreeeeeeddddddommmmmmmmmmmmmm.

3. Freddie92

Freddie92 New commenter

4. davieee

davieee Occasional commenter

5. You're all a bunch of traitors.

6. Oh go on then, I'll bite.
    Yes.[​IMG]

7. cochrane1964

cochrane1964 New commenter

Yes - let's develop the 4 capacities by standing on our own 2 feet!

8. coaltown1

coaltown1 New commenter

I'm a confident individual and a successful learner - and I say NO!
    There - now I'm also an effective contributor.
    Being a responsible citizen I urge you to also say no.
    BINGO!
    I can tick all 4.

9. Fearties.... I say yes, yes and thrice yes!

10. JPM1967

JPM1967 New commenter

No.
    We missed the boat by not taking the decision early enough. If we had become independent before 1970 we would have benefited from <u>all</u> the North Sea oil proceeds, and if we had put sufficient surpluses aside to cover the future, then we could have been like Norway.
    Instead we are a public subsidy junkie of a country and too many of our citizens are prepared to sit back and live off the state. The oil is running out. If we were independent we would rapidly become a basket case, pleading for assistance from the IMF etc.
    However, if the SNP are ever successful in persuading enough people to vote for independence, I'll then work as hard as I possibly can to make it a success, despite my reservations.

11. I'm an effective learner, a responsible individual, a successful contributer and a confident citizen. How did I get it all so wrong?

12. Yes. Bring it on!!!