1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inconsistent behaviour policy

Discussion in 'Personal' started by georgebn29, Oct 8, 2015.

1. georgebn29

georgebn29 New commenter

I had an incident last week where a child swore at me and nothing was done about it. I emailed the head of year and line manager responsible for my subject but came back to my head of department to deal with and provide a sanction. This was referred back to my line manager who has done nothing about it. I have only been in this school a few months and do not feel supported. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do?
    I know that there have been othet swearing incidents to other teachers and SLT. Students have been excluded or internally isolated in the school

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

All depends on who you swear at... kid swears at the Head... off to the behaviour unit.

Kid swears at the new teacher... tut tut little Charlie, don't you be doing that. Back in the lesson you go.

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Sadly, in my experience, the new teacher is then told that the incident was caused by their poor behaviour management skills.

4. georgebn29

georgebn29 New commenter

Thanks for your reply. All SLT can say is you have a challenging class there. Little Johnny needs to return to the lesson.

5. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Give him your own sanction.

lanokia likes this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ah Scint if only it was so easy... these days teacher sanctions have to be part of the behaviour policy with parents informed and stuff... if not then the teacher is at fault.